These were actually leftovers from the dinner I cooked last night. Very simple and delicious to make.
Roasted pumpkin, spinach and pine nut salad
Recipe from here
What you need...
- 600g butternut pumpkin, deseeded, peeled, cut into wedges
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp hone*
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbs honey, extra*
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard*
- 1 x 150g pkt baby spinach leaves
- 1 x 75g pkt toasted pine nuts
- 1 or 2 red onions, cut into chunks (optional - I added this into mine)
What to do...
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Place the pumpkin (and onion) in a large bowl. Drizzle with oil and honey. Season with salt and pepper. Gently toss until the pumpkin is well coated. Place in a single layer on the lined tray. Bake, turning once during cooking, for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and sprinkle evenly with the sesame seeds. Return to oven and bake for 5 minutes or until the seeds are lightly toasted. Remove from oven and set aside for 30 minutes to cool.
- Combine the lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, mustard and extra honey in a screw-top jar and shake until well combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the pumpkin, spinach and pine nuts in a large bowl. Drizzle with the dressing and gently toss until just combined. Serve immediately.
NOTES: *I left out the honey and mustard, the pumpkin was beautifully sweet and didn't need any extra sugar.